Everything and Everyone Connected
“In my paintings, Everything flows together. Diverse colors, lines and shapes - People, places, plants and things are woven into one harmoniously functional ecosystem. I want to subtly remind viewers that we humans, in all our diversity, are essentially interconnected, and with thoughtfulness, can function together harmoniously as well.” - Mike Biskup
MIKE BISKUP is a contemporary watercolor painter, musician, and caretaker of The Green Way in Gardiner, WA on Washington State's verdant Olympic Peninsula. Born in 1970 in Los Angeles, he spent his youngest years voraciously drawing quirky characters, complex contraptions and way out worlds with his two older brothers. Artwork flowed onto all of his papers at school bringing accolades from most of his teachers. At UC Santa Cruz, he swam in a richly blended stream of artistic freedom, Zen Buddhism and Native American spiritual consciousness while earning a degree in Fine Art. After school, Mike spent two decades homeschooling three intrepid children in the wilds of Port Townsend. Nest emptied, he embraced his role as a bringer of visions in the Artist/Shaman tradition elucidated profoundly by Joseph Campbell. At age 50, a powerful mystical experience shed new light on Everything…
The Green Way in Gardiner, WA. Arts Studio, Sanctuary, Guesthouse, Etc. Home of The Gilders of The Green Way. Join us for The Green Way Sunshine Sunday Social Club almost every 1st and 3rd Sunday 3-8pm. Please Contact Me and get The Green Way Gazette for an invitation.
The Port Townsend Farmer's Market
Saturdays from 9-2pm, April - December. I will have a selection of original paintings, cards and prints for sale. Come by and chat!
The Water Street Sessions with The Gilders of The Green Way. Most Sunny Saturdays after 3pm in Downtown Port Townsend Live Music, Live Painting, Live Action, Etc...
Other places to find my paintings...
Face Guts: Tim Biskup's Gallery and Project Space in Los Angeles. My brother Tim has a selection of my original paintings for sale... Contact him via Face Guts and visit him while you're in L.A!
Bainbridge Arts and Crafts: BAC is a 75 year old non profit gallery. All sales benefit local art education programs on Bainbridge Island, WA. They have a beautiful gallery with a rotating selection of my originals available. A (beautiful) 30 min ferry from Seattle.
Saatchi Art: Online Art Gallery.
Originals and Limited Edition Archival Prints available in multiple sizes framed or unframed.
Singulart: Online Art Gallery based in Paris.
Selected Events, Exhibitions, Performances, and Publications:
• 2023 - The Green Way Sunshine Sunday Social Club - Celebrating Nature and Spirit. Live Music, Art for Sale, Studio Tours, Fire, Dancing, Etc. Presented and hosted by The Gilders of The Green Way. The Gilders are currently comprised of myself, Isaac Jasinski and David Challman. Obtain an Invitation here...
• 2023 - The Water Street Sessions with The Gilders of The Green Way. Live Music, Live Painting, Live Action, Etc... Most Sunny Saturdays after 3pm in Downtown Port Townsend, Find us!
• 2023 - The Port Townsend Farmer's Market. Saturdays from 9-2pm, April - December. I will have a selection of original paintings, cards and prints for sale. Come by and chat!
• 2022 - Nov 12th - Open Studio. Strait From The Artists Studio Tour - More info...
• 2022 - Mike Biskup's Elevator of Everything. Rotating Art, Music, etc 630 Water St in Downtown Port Townsend. Saturdays 11-5pm Or later when the weather is lovely. Drop in and say hi any Saturday. I'm also open many Fridays and Sundays.
• 2022 - "Musings On The Green Way - An Act" 1st and 3rd Sundays 1pm - At The Elevator of Everything. 630 Water St, Port Townsend, WA.
• 2022 - Open Studio at The Green Way. Contact me for an invitation, directions etc.
• 2021 - Musings on The Green Way, 1st and 3rd Sundays at Mike Biskup's Elevator of Everything, 630 Water St in Downtown Port Townsend.
• 2020 - On Street, Outdoor, Summer Exhibit in Downtown Port Townsend, WA.
• 2019 - (It’s) This Way to That Way, Solo Exhibition at Bainbridge Arts and Crafts, Bainbridge
• 2019 - The Other Art Fair Brooklyn, April
• 2019 - The Other Art Fair Los Angeles, March
• 2018 - Connected, Solo Exhibition at Bainbridge Island Museum of Art (BIMA)
• 2018 - Fort Wonder Solo Exhibition - Taps, Fort Worden, Port Townsend, WA
• 2018 - The Watercolour Ideas Book - pg. 64 Ilex Press.
• 2018 - The Other Art Fair Lost Angeles presented by SaatchiArt.
• 2018 - Bellevue Art Museum - Art Fair
• 2017 - Thanks For Sharing, The Art of Instant Global Inspiration. 19 Artists from 10 countries curated by myself. Port Townsend, WA
• 2017 - Translucence Bainbridge Arts and Crafts. Bainbridge Island, WA. July.
• 2017 - Professional Artist Magazine, Featured June/July Issue
• 2016 - A Group Thing, Juried Group Exhibition at Thomas Young Gallery in Boston, MA.
• 2016 - Windfalls Solo Exhibition at Flatcolor Gallery, Seattle
• 2016 - Featured Artist at Northwind Arts Center in Port Townsend, WA
• 2016 - Featured Artist in Amadeus Magazine Issue #08 - http://amadeusmag.com
• 2015 - Big Butter, A Step Felt In Full with Tim Biskup at Slow Culture Gallery, Los Angeles.
• 2015 - Artist in Residence, The Ace Hotel, Palm Springs, CA (February)
• 2014 - Site Specific 4’ X 36’ Mural, Better Living Through Coffee, Port Townsend, WA.
• 2012 - Site Specific Performance, Big Butter, Martha Otero Gallery. Los Angeles, CA.
• 2009 - Playground with Woody Dennis, Lee Katzenbach, Jesse Joshua Watson, and Jason Gould. Northwinds art Center, Port Townsend, WA.
• 2007 - Port Townsend Film Festival Poster Artist
• 1986 - Present: Big Butter: The Experimental Music, Art, and Performance Duo of Mike and Tim Biskup.
1993 - BFA, UCSC, Santa Cruz, CA